1万

主题

回帖

21万

积分

Editor

积分
发表于 2015-4-20 01:27:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Much can be said about the late Amy Winehouse, one of the U.K.'s flagship vocalists during the 2000s. The British press and tabloids seemed to focus on her rowdy behavior, heavy consumption of alcohol, and tragic end, but fans and critics alike embraced her rugged charm, brash sense of humor, and distinctively soulful and jazzy vocals. Her platinum-selling breakthrough album, Frank (2003), elicited comparisons ranging from Billie Holiday and Sarah Vaughan to Macy Gray and Lauryn Hill. Interestingly enough, despite her strong accent and vernacular, one can often hear aspects of each of those singers' vocal repertoire in Winehouse's own voice. Nonetheless, her allure had always been her songwriting — almost always deeply personal but best known for its profanity and brutal candor.
Born to a taxi-driving father and a pharmacist mother, Winehouse grew up in the Southgate area of northern London. Her upbringing was surrounded by jazz. Many of the uncles on her mother's side were professional jazz musicians, and even her paternal grandmother was romantically involved with British jazz legend Ronnie Scott at one time. While at home, she listened to and absorbed her parents' selection of greats: Dinah Washington, Ella Fitzgerald, and Frank Sinatra among others. However, in her teens, she was drawn to the rebellious spirit of TLC, Salt-N-Pepa, and other American R&B and hip-hop acts of the time. At the age of 16, after she had been expelled from London's Sylvia Young Theatre School, she caught her first break when pop singer Tyler James, a schoolmate and close friend, passed on her demo tape to his A&R representative, who was searching for a jazz vocalist. That opportunity led to her recording contract with Island Records. By the end of 2003, when she was 20 years old, Island had released her debut album, Frank. With contributions from hip-hop producer/keyboardist Salaam Remi, Winehouse's amalgam of jazz, pop, soul, and hip-hop received rave reviews. The album was nominated for the 2004 Mercury Music Prize as well as two Brit Awards, and its lead single, "Stronger Than Me," won an Ivor Novello Award for Best Contemporary Song.

Albums list:
Back to Black (Deluxe Edition)
Frank & Back to Black
Frank
Rarities Edition Frank
Back to Black (B-Sides)
Lioness - Hidden Treasures
Frank (Deluxe Edition)
Back to Black
Frank (B-Sides)
iTunes Festival London 2007
Frank - Remixes
Lioness Hidden Treasures (Mastered for iTunes)

EPs list:
Valerie - EP
In My Bed _ You Sent Me Flying - EP
You Know I'm No Good - EP 2
Tears Dry On Their Own - EP
Back to Black - EP
Rehab - EP
You Know I'm No Good - EP
Take the Box - EP
Love Is a Losing Game (Remixes) - EP
Stronger Than Me - EP
Love Is a Losing Game - EP
Back to Black (In Video) - EP
Sessions@AOL - EP
F__k Me Pumps _ Help Yourself - EP

Singles list:
Tears Dry On Their Own (Kardinal Beats Remix) - Single
Tears Dry On Their Own (Alix Alvarez Sole Channel Mix) - Single
Tears Dry On Their Own (NYPC's F___d Mix) - Single
Tears Dry On Their Own (Al Usher Remix)
Back To Black (Steve Mac Remix) - Single
Rehab (Remix) [feat. Jay-Z] - Single 2
You Know I'm No Good ~ To Know Him Is to Love Him - Single
Valerie - Single
Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse - Body and Soul - Single
Rehab (Remix) [feat. Jay-Z] - Single
Back to Black (Mushtaq Remix) - Single
You Know I'm No Good - Single
Rehab (Pharoahe Monch Remix) - Single
Tears Dry On Their Own (Vodafone) [Live at TBA] - Single
Best Friend (Acoustic) - Single
Back to Black (Vodafone) [Live at TBA] - Single
Back to Black (The Rumble Strips Remix) - Single
You Know I'm No Good (Demo Version) - Single
You Know I'm No Good - Single
Rehab (Vodafone) [Live at TBA] - Single

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/amy-winehouse/id13125609
购买主题 已有 7 人购买  本主题需向作者支付 150 Gold 才能浏览

主题

回帖

积分

Gold Member

积分
发表于 2017-10-12 15:20:34 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|Mobile|Jail|Hoodoola 点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 13:45 , Processed in 0.069062 second(s), 18 queries .