找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 5171|回复: 14

[Artist Discography] Whitney Houston - 28 Albums + 20 EPs + 13 Singles (Complete iTunes Store)

[复制链接]

2万

主题

回帖

204万

积分

Site Editor

积分

突出贡献

发表于 2015-7-16 08:43:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

About Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston was inarguably one of the biggest female pop stars of all time. Her accomplishments as a hitmaker were extraordinary; just to scratch the surface, she became the first artist ever to have seven consecutive singles hit number one, and her 1993 Dolly Parton cover "I Will Always Love You" became nothing less than the biggest hit single in rock history. Houston was able to handle big adult contemporary ballads, effervescent, stylish dance-pop, and slick urban contemporary soul with equal dexterity; the result was an across-the-board appeal that was matched by scant few artists of her era, and helped her become one of the first black artists to find success on MTV in Michael Jackson's wake. Like many of the original soul singers, Houston was trained in gospel before moving into secular music; over time, she developed a virtuosic singing style given over to swooping, flashy melodic embellishments. The shadow of Houston's prodigious technique still looms large over nearly every pop diva and smooth urban soul singer who has followed, and spawned a legion of imitators.
Whitney Elizabeth Houston was born in Newark, New Jersey, on August 9, 1963; her mother was gospel/R&B singer Cissy Houston, and her cousin was Dionne Warwick. By age 11, Houston was performing as a soloist in the junior gospel choir at her Baptist church; as a teenager, she began accompanying her mother in concert (as well as on the 1978 album Think It Over), and went on to back artists like Lou Rawls and Chaka Khan. Houston also pursued modeling and acting, appearing on the sitcoms Gimme a Break and Silver Spoons. Somewhat bizarrely, Houston's first recording as a featured vocalist was with Bill Laswell's experimental jazz-funk ensemble Material; the ballad "Memories," from the group's 1982 album One Down, placed Houston alongside Archie Shepp. The following year, Arista president Clive Davis heard Houston singing at a nightclub and offered her a recording contract. Her first single appearance was a duet with Teddy Pendergrass, "Hold Me," which missed the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 — but reached number five on the R&B chart — in 1984.
Houston's debut album, Whitney Houston, was released in February 1985. Its first single, "Someone for Me," was a flop, but the second try, "You Give Good Love," became Houston's first hit, topping the R&B chart and hitting number three on the Hot 100. Houston's next three singles — the Grammy-winning romantic ballad "Saving All My Love for You," the brightly danceable "How Will I Know," and the inspirational "The Greatest Love of All" — all topped the Hot 100, and a year to the month after its release, Whitney Houston hit number one on the Billboard 200. It eventually sold over 13 million copies in the U.S., making it the best-selling debut ever by a female artist. Houston cemented her superstar status on her next album, Whitney; it became the first album by a female artist to debut at number one, and sold over nine million copies in the U.S. Its first four singles — "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)" (another Grammy winner), "Didn't We Almost Have It All," "So Emotional," and "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" — all hit number one, an amazing, record-setting run of seven straight. In late 1988, Houston scored a Top Five hit with the non-LP single "One Moment in Time," recorded for an Olympics-themed compilation album.

Albums list:
Various Artists - Waiting to Exhale (Original Soundtrack Album)
Whitney Houston - All Time Best - Reclam Musik Edition 10
Whitney Houston - Dance Vault Mixes - The Unreleased Mixes (Special Collector's Box Set)
Whitney Houston - Dance Vault Mixes Whitney Houston - The Unreleased Mixes (Collector's Edition)
Whitney Houston - Her Greatest Performances (Live)
Whitney Houston - I Look to You
Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (The Movie Whitney New, Classic and Reimagined)
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You - The Best of Whitney Houston (Deluxe Version) (iTunes + LP)
Whitney Houston - I Wish You Love More From the Bodyguard (Mastered)
Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight
Whitney Houston - Japanese Singles Collection Greatest Hits
Whitney Houston - Just Whitney
Whitney Houston - Live Her Greatest Performances
Whitney Houston - Live in NY 1991 (Live) [Remastered]
Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love
Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love (Special Edition)
Whitney Houston - One Wish - The Holiday Album
Whitney Houston - Step By Step (Dance Vault Mixes) - Partial Album
Whitney Houston - The Bodyguard (Original Soundtrack Album)
Whitney Houston - The Essential Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston - The Greatest Hits
Whitney Houston - The Preacher's Wife (Original Soundtrack Album)
Whitney Houston - The Ultimate Collection
Whitney Houston - Whitney
Whitney Houston - Whitney Dancin' Special (Mastered)
Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston (The Deluxe Anniversary Edition)
Whitney Houston & Cissy Houston - The Best of Whitney Houston & Cissy Houston

EPs & Singles list:
Deborah Cox & Whitney Houston - Same Script, Different Cast (Dance Vault Mixes)
Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston - When You Believe - Single
Whitney Houston - Dance Vault Remixes - It's Not Right But It's Okay
Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All - Single
Whitney Houston - Exhale - EP
Whitney Houston - Feels So Good Takin' A Chance - Single
Whitney Houston - Heartbreak Hotel (feat. Faith Evans & Kelly Price) [Dance Vault Mixes] - EP
Whitney Houston - I Didn't Know My Own Strength (The Remixes) - EP
Whitney Houston - I Learned from the Best (Dance Vault Remixes)
Whitney Houston - I Look to You (The Remixes)
Whitney Houston - I Look to You + Million Dollar Bill - Single
Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman Who Do You Love (Dance Vault Mixes)
Whitney Houston - Love That Man (Remixes) - EP
Whitney Houston - Love Will Save the Day (Dance Vault Mixes) - EP
Whitney Houston - Memories (with Material) - Single
Whitney Houston - Million Dollar Bill (The Remixes)
Whitney Houston - The Remixes
Whitney Houston - The Star Spangled Banner America the Beautiful - Single
Whitney Houston - VH1 Divas Live 1999 Whitney Houston (Live) - Single
Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey - When You Believe (From The Prince of Egypt) - EP

Singles list:
Whitney Houston - Count On Me - Single
Whitney Houston - I Believe In You and Me - Single
Whitney Houston - I Have Nothing - Single
Whitney Houston - I Look to You - Single
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You - Single
Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman - Single
Whitney Houston - Million Dollar Bill - Single
Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love - Single
Whitney Houston - Run to You - Single
Whitney Houston - Step By Step - Single
Whitney Houston & Clean Bandit - How Will I Know - Single
Whitney Houston & David Solomon - I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) [David Solomon Remix] - Single
Whitney Houston & Thunderpuss - Don't Cry For Me (Thunderpuss Reunion Remix) - Single
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/whitney-houston/13952

购买主题 已有 6 人购买  本主题需向作者支付 1000 Gold 才能浏览

主题

回帖

积分

Gold Member

积分
发表于 2015-7-27 04:06:11 | 显示全部楼层
nice collection

主题

回帖

积分

Fresh Member

积分
发表于 2015-8-8 05:40:52 | 显示全部楼层
thank u for the hard work

主题

回帖

积分

Gold Member

积分
发表于 2016-3-27 04:12:38 | 显示全部楼层
thank you dude

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于 2017-12-20 21:19:24 | 显示全部楼层
很齐全,虽然想要的ep可能没发过aac

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于 2018-1-20 19:56:59 | 显示全部楼层
为了下这张EP花了十块来买
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|Mobile|Jail|Hoodoola 点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:50 , Processed in 0.075555 second(s), 19 queries .