Hoodoola

Forgot password?
 Register now
View: 691|Reply: 6

[Artist Discography] Robin Thicke – 9 Albums + 1 EP + 4 Singles

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-6-15 22:02:27
| Show all posts |Read mode

One of the more charismatic, flashy, and commercially successful R&B acts of the 2000s and 2010s, Robin Thicke didn't have the toughest row to hoe to achieve stardom, but he was one of the least likely artists to acquire street credibility. He worked for over a decade as a modestly successful songwriter and fledgling solo artist prior to breaking through — assisted by the Neptunes — with 2006's The Evolution of Robin Thicke. On that album, his inspirations, ranging from '70s Marvin Gaye to Philly soul to classic Brazilian music, vividly coalesced with his somewhat brash personality and remarkable vocal skill. It was the first of several Top Ten R&B albums in a career that involved symbiotic collaborations with long-term associate Pro-Jay, Pharrell and Chad Hugo, Mark Ronson, and Polow da Don, as well as credibility-enhancing appearances from (or with) Lil Wayne, Faith Evans, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, and T.I.
Show biz is in Thicke's Canadian-American genes. The son of vocalist and actor Gloria Loring and theme song composer and actor Alan Thicke, he grew up in suburban Los Angeles, surrounded by the entertainment industry. A demo he recorded at the age of 14 was heard by Brian McKnight, who helped the youngster — subsequently nicknamed Brian McWhite — get a recording deal with the Interscope label. However, Thicke experienced his earliest success as a songwriter. Before the end of 2000, he either wrote or co-wrote songs for Brandy ("Love Is on My Side"), McKnight ("Anyway"), Color Me Badd ("Sexual Capacity"), Brownstone ("Around You"), Christina Aguilera ("When You Put Your Hands on Me"), and Marc Anthony ("When I Dream at Night"). He was also involved with several songs on Mya's Fear of Flying, as well as the majority of Jordan Knight's self-titled 1999 album, including the Top Ten Billboard Hot 100 hit "Give It to You."

Albums list:
A Beautiful World
Blurred Lines (Deluxe Version)
Blurred Lines (JP Version)
Blurred Lines
Love After War (Deluxe Version)
Paula
Sex Therapy – The Experience (Deluxe Version)
Something Else (Deluxe Edition)
The Evolution of Robin Thicke (Deluxe Edition)

EPs list:
Blurred Lines EP

Singles list:
Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) – Single
Exhale (Shoop Shoop) – Single
Feel Good (feat. Vitaa) – Single
For the Rest of My Life – Single
Payable thread Have 6 people bought  You should pay 30 to view the thread

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time: 2017-6-2 20:42:02
| Show all posts
thanks for sharing

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2018-6-18 18:35:10
| Show all posts
one hit wonder
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Points Rules

QQ|Jail|Mobile|Archive|Hoodoola 点击这里给我发消息

2019-1-24 17:22 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.085203 sec., 17 queries .